New York State Marijuana Protocols requires you to:
Have an initial office visit to establish a Physician – Patient relationship.
- Please bring with you, a letter from your PCP / Specialist’s on their letter head proving your diagnosis, most recent laboratory tests and X-ray, CT or MRI studies that support your diagnosis, if applicable.
- At this time, if qualified, you will be registered in the New York State Marijuana Certification Program.
- Within 2 -3 days, New York State will mail to you a New York State Marijuana certification card valid for one year.
Additional Office Protocols:
- A one month follow up will be required to discuss your medication.
- A urine toxicology screen will be performed.
- Depending on your needs, every two to three months, a follow up with a urine toxicology screen will be required.
- We reserve the right to decline any patient for non-compliance with the NYS Medical Marijuana Certification Requirements.
- We reserve the right to cancel certificates and discharge those patients who are non-compliant.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF MEDICAL RECORDS:
To maintain HIPPA compliance, we do not release medical records except under the following conditions:
- A signed release request from patient to release records to another physician.
- A patient may request a copy of their own records.
- Please allow up to a week for the office to respond to your request
We do not prescribe Narcotics or Benzodiazepines. If you require these types of medications, you will be referred back to your Primary Care Physician, to the Emergency Department at a local hospital and or to a specialist who can manage your care.
CANCELLED AND MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY:
Unlike other doctors, we do not double or triple book appointments. Each time a patient misses an appointment without providing proper notice, another patient is prevented from receiving care.
Therefore, the office of Dr. Thomas G. O’Brien reserves the right to charge a fee of $75.00 for all “no show” appointments and appointment which, absent a compelling reason, are not cancelled with 24 hour advance notice. Our office will contact you a day or two prior to your appointment to confirm your scheduled visit. “No Show” fees must be paid at the time of your next office visit. Multiple “No Shows” in any 12 month period may result in termination from our practice.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we strive to best serve the needs of all of our patients.
- Initial Certification Fee for New Patient: $350
- Annual Re-Certification Fee: $250.00
- Quarterly Follow-up Visits (required): $100.00/per visit.
- Follow Up Fee & Other Visits: $100.00
Patients must pay at the time of visit. Amex, Master Card, Visa, and Discover.
** Insurance not accepted.