Be sure to check out our MMJ In The News section for important info concerning your legal rights and access to Medical Marijuana in New York State.
And Check out our NEW Office Special – Refer 2 Friends and Get A FREE Follow-up!
Staying safe and healthy throughout the holidays adds joy to the season! Here are a few tips to not only survive without the guilt and the pains, but to thrive through your holidays!
- Coping with Thanksgiving – This is the time of the year that many people begin to feel overwhelmed… So what are you going to do about it? How do you avoid overeating? (And if you do indulge, how can you feel less guilty about it?) How can you deal with that relative whose company you just don’t enjoy? By John M. Grohol, Psy.D.
- Anatomy of a Holiday Pig-Out – A typical Thanksgiving meal contains more than 3,000 calories. What does it do to your body? By Michelle Meyer
- 10 Tips for a Thinner Thanksgiving – Enjoy the holiday feast without the guilt — or the weight gain. By Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
“Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence.” — Erma Bombeck
“I love Thanksgiving turkey … it’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 10 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Shopping – Better Business Bureau Northwest. There are several things you can do that will take the edge off your holiday shopping, and let you get back to enjoying the season with the people you love. By by Better Business Bureau serving the Northwest
- Holiday Stress and the Brain – Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute. The end-of-year holidays are certainly a happy time for most of us, but the stress of the season puts many of us on such an edge that we wish it would all just go away. By Scott Edwards
- 100+ Tips for a Stress-Free Christmas from The Midlife Mamas is a wealth of information and a lot of funny fun! By Karen Patten
And keep your good health going with our tips to Get Ready for Cold & Flu Season.
Medical Marijuana in The News
Being an informed patient puts you in charge of your health and healing.
We encourage you to stay up-to-date with the rapidly changing policies concerning Medical Marijuana (from farming to distribution), especially with the new administration and its choices for its officers.
URGENT: In less than a month, Jeff Sessions’ Justice Department could have free reign to wreak havoc in medical marijuana states. A spending amendment that has stopped the Justice Department from interfering with state medical marijuana programs is set to expire on December 8th. And with Sessions escalating the war on drugs, it’s absolutely critical to ensure Congress continues to preserve these protections. Tell your Representative to renew the Rohrabacher-Blumenauer Amendment and protect medical marijuana from federal attacks.
- Please contact your Members of Congress to safeguard our victories and protect medical marijuana from Jeff Sessions’ Justice Department.
New York State’s medical marijuana laws are some of the most stringent in the country. But on Saturday, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a piece of legislation that allows New Yorkers with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to use marijuana to treat symptoms. While the optics of the new law mainly center around soldiers with PTSD, the shift could be life-changing for many more people in the state. MORE…
- NYS MMJ Update: Since its launch nearly two years ago, New York State’s Medical Marijuana Program has certified 35,621 patients, and has 1,316 practitioners registered, said Jill Montag, a spokeswoman for the New York State Department of Health.
Weed for Warriors Carries on the Good Fight for Veterans’ Health. As cannabis becomes more commercialized, this non-profit — which wants medical marijuana access for all military vets — is stepping up its game. MORE…
RESOURCE: Check out the pending bills concerning NYS Medical Marijuana at the Marijuana Policy Project of New York.
RESOURCE: NY Congressional Scorecard is where you can check on your legislators’ stances, bills sponsored, and votes on the subject of legalizing marijuana, et al.
It is important to stay up to date with Medical Marijuana news and contact your legislators (and get on their mailing lists) to:
- keep MMJ legal in New York State and
- improve, reform, and preserve our access to MMJ under the NYS Medical Marijuana Laws
Recap of Doc Tommy Happenings
Check out all of the attention that Doc Tommy’s been getting:
Doc Tommy and Jazz gave free, blood-pressure screenings at Copa Univision’s Soccer Tournament 2017 held on Randall’s Island on August 27th and 28th. Radio personality, Coco Cabrera, got a screening on live TV! What a wonderful way to encourage and support people in the community and to be an example of maintaining healthy habits for the younger generations! Click HERE for the video.
The latest article that Doc Tommy is quoted in is in The Daily Mail. This article leans towards disparaging the beneficial effects of Medical Marijuana, stating, “There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana helps with chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder, experts say.” Hmmm, just who are these experts? It’s worth reading if for nothing else but to see what Doc Tommy says.
Bet you didn’t know that Doc Tommy has skills to co-host a radio show known for chill grooves! Last month, Doc Tommy guest hosted on The Quiet Storm Radio Show with Lenny Green on WBLS.FM! If you’re not familiar with The Quite Storm, it was pioneered by the legendary, Vaughan Harper who created soothing vibes to wind down from the day for more than 3 decades. The Quiet Storm is now hosted by Lenny Green, who was voted Billboard Magazine’s 1999 Air Personality of the Year Award!
Listen to Doc Tommy’s Interview with Empire Now Radio
(10 minutes 28 seconds)
Doc Tommy’s Charm Lands a Video Showcase!
Here’s yet another reason to know that Doc Tommy is the right doctor! Weedmaps.com (“the most reliable online resource to find cannabis storefronts, doctors and deals”) approached Doc Tommy to be the subject of this amazing video!
Only a doctor whose professionalism, expertise, and great patient relationships will yield such really, good karma! (Click video for full screen or CLICK HERE for larger video view.) NOTE: You may wish to LOWER the video’s volume before playing.
Latest Video Testimonial
Check out our newest, video testimonial! (Click video for full screen.) NOTE: You may wish to LOWER the video’s volume before playing.If you would like to offer a testimonial, please share here.
Here’s your chance to be a proud supporter of Doc Tommy and his caring approach to your well-being and success with Medical Marijuana! Upload your video testimonial to our private and secure account and help other people get over the fright and plight of the stigma of MMJ! The more people who have success with MMJ, the more people who can benefit from MMJ!
Office Policy Updates
Please review the updates to our Office Policies which provide better opportunities for your personalized care!
Current Office Special
NEW: Refer 2 Friends and Receive a FREE Follow-Up Visit
Refer 1 Friend and Receive a $75 Follow-Up Visit
Now you can receive a $25 credit for each person you refer or a FREE Follow-Up visit when you refer 2 people who become active patients!
Share your success with people who may benefit from Medical Marijuana treatment with Doc Tommy’s expertise and comforting care and receive “karma credits!” See Office Policies for more info.
Here are a few tips on how to discuss Medical Marijuana.
Join our mailing list to be kept up to date.
DocTommy News is prepared by GoddessProjects for Dr. Thomas G. O’Brien, II. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Please note that Doc Tommy News is presented as a resource for health tips, current events, and other interests to give patients an opportunity to expand awareness of developments concerning Medical Marijuana in the United States and abroad. The views and opinions expressed in Doc Tommy News are those of the individual authors/parties and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of The Office of Dr. Thomas G. O’Brien, II.